The Aqua Design Amano ADA Aquasoil Amazonia is a substrate made from natural soil for aquascaping or natural or plant aquariums. The ADA Aqua Soil Amazonia offers a high humic and nutrient content, reduces the hardness of the aquarium water and lowers the pH value so that most aquatic plants can perfectly absorb the nutrients they need and thus thrive. The result of using ADA Aqua Soil Amazonia is that aquarium plants grow well with good root formation..
The ADA Aqua Soil Amazonia variant with the normal grain size serves as the soil substrate itself, keeps its shape and density under water for a long time and thus ensures the circulation of water and oxygen through the substrate. The Aqua Soil Amazonia Substrate makes it easier for you to care for such difficult-to-maintain plants as Tonina sp. and it is also perfect for aquarium inhabitants who prefer soft water such as Apistogramma and various shrimp species. It's (generally) not recommend the use of soil if you want to keep fish that dig deep into the ground, such as armored catfish. By shoveling the fish and the associated higher mechanical stress on the soil beads, the smallest suspended particles that would cloud the water are released.
The Powder version of the ADA Aquasoil Amazonia is mostly intended and developed as a fine top layer on the regular-grained Aquasoil. The finer grain of the powder type as a top layer prevents not only the more beautiful appearance but also an increased trickling of e.g. leftover food that the fish and / or shrimp can no longer access and rot there if necessary.
Advantages of the ADA Aqua Soil Amazonia Regular Type
• obtained from natural earth through a special process
• colloidal particles capture the dirt floating in the water
• gives the water in the aquarium a wonderful clarity
• creates perfect conditions for vigorous aquatic plant growth
• supports the reduction of water hardness in the aquarium
• lowers the pH to an ideal value for most aquatic plants
• the desirable pH value (5.5 - 6.5) for the development of the roots sets in
• healthy root system of the plants due to loose grain
• maintains its shape in water and does not disintegrate
The ADA Aquasoil Amazonia is not recommended for aquariums whose residents prefer a high pH or for bottom-dwelling or burrowing fish, e.g. Corydora species or similar.
All Aquasoils are also generally not recommended by ADA in unsage with a soil filter (undergravel filter), as the water can become cloudy and many nutrients can be washed out of the soil.
Bag size: 3 or 9 l (choosable)
Grain size: approx. 2 - 5 mm
Color: black / gray